In what can't be considered even remotely a surprise, Ohio State finds themselves fourth for another week in the Week 9 AP Top 25 Poll. Florida State, who impressively dismissed formerly third ranked Clemson on the road Saturday night, moves up to 3rd – and garners two first place votes for their troubles. Alabama and Oregon remain first and second in the poll.
On the heels of the Buckeyes are #5 Missouri of the SEC, the Big XII's Baylor, and the ACC's unbeaten Miami. Though the AP Top 25 doesn't factor into the BCS Standings as has been the case for some time, it is typically a decent representative sample of what to expect from the Harris Poll Top 25, which should be out later today.
Also in the AP Top 25 from B1G country are #22 Wisconsin, #24 Nebraska, and #25 Michigan. This order, as we suggested with respect to the Coaches Poll Top 25, is far more indicative of these teams' actual bodies of work.
Below is the Week 9 AP Top 25 in its entirety:
|3||Florida State (2)||6-0||1,395||5|
|Others Receiving Votes: Arizona State 108, Notre Dame 82, Oregon State 79, Michigan State 73, Georgia 30, Mississippi 27, Florida 17, Washington 4, Utah 4, Texas 2, Ball State 1, Brigham Young 1|
More Ohio State News from Land-Grant Holy Land:
- Land-Grant Holy Land interviews former Ohio State DB and Oakland Raider Chimdi Chekwa
- Ohio State Stock Market Report: Iowa
- The Ohio State-Iowa game in GIFs
- Ohio State recruiting: How OSU's 2014 commits fared in high school football over the weekend
- Too much Braxton, too much Hyde for Iowa in a 34-24 OSU win