Though after the rather paltry three and three quarters quarter showing we got Saturday against Illinois, Ohio State stands pat at third in the USA TODAY Coaches Poll Top 25 once again this week. Alabama and Florida State remain 1 & 2 respectively, with Baylor just 18 points behind the Buckeyes at 4th and Oregon now fifth.
Previously #4 Stanford's late 20-17 loss to USC and Alabama's extremely mailed in 20-7 win over Mississippi State likely helped shape an evidently disinterested/looking-ahead performance from the Buckeyes.
For the Buckeyes, with 31.5-point underdogs Indiana on the horizon, the game remains the same: keep winning, and if at all possible, do so with as much flare as possible. The Buckeyes failed on the latter yesterday, but the end result was just the same. If Ohio State can get on track and put together consecutive impressive performances against Indiana and Michigan, it'll certainly help their cause. Of course if either Alabama or FSU stumble (and particularly if Baylor slips up), winning alone might just be enough.
Here's the USA TODAY Coaches Poll for Week 13:
|RANK||TEAM||RECORD||POINTS||FIRST PLACE VOTES||PREVIOUS RANK||CHANGE||HI/LOW*|
More Ohio State news from Land-Grant Holy Land:
- Ohio State get a little too into the pregame pep talk, smashes ceiling tiles, and will have to pay for them
- Ohio State falls to 4th in AP Top 25 despite winning
- Ohio State-Illinois in GIFs
- Ohio State Stock Market Report: Illinois
- You won't believe the latest trends in college football uniforms this week