Congratulations to senior shortstop (and Chandler, Arizona native) Kirby Pellant on being named the Big Ten's player of the week. Here's a few highlights from the week that was for the first Buckeye to receive the honor since sophomore catcher Aaron Gretz in late February:
- Hit .667 (6-for-9) with one home run, a double, seven RBI, two runs scored and four walks as Ohio State went 3-0 against Purdue
- Drove in at least two runs in each game, including a three-RBI effort in the series opener
- Went 4-for-4 in the second game with two RBI, a double and one run scored
- Reached base at a .769 clip and slugged 1.111 in the series combining for an OPS of 1.880
- Earns his first career Player of the Week award
Congrats again to Pellant.