In what was some of the biggest news of the day, five-star running back Damien Harris decommitted from Michigan on Tuesday and his recruitment is back open for the taking. A 2015 prospect, Harris had been committed to Michigan since July 29th and, before the verbal was given, it appeared to be a Buckeye-Wolverine battle. What makes this even more unique is that our own Miles Joseph reported that Urban Meyer had spoken to Harris Monday night, which of course is right before the decision was made to break the chain with Michigan. There's no doubt that Ohio State is right back in the thick of the race, but we shouldn't expect another decision from Harris for quite some time. Though the Wolverines are still in it to land the electrifying speedster, their door could be closing with each passing day. If you need a refresher on Harris, check out his film here.
Ohio State sent out an offer yesterday to David Njoku, a class of 2014 athlete with elite size, standing at 6'4 215 pounds.
Cedar Grove (NJ) ATH David Njoku tells me that #OhioState has offered— Derek Young (@DYoungScout) January 21, 2014
With just a few weeks until signing day, this offer is definitely an eye-catcher. Coaching staffs don't jump into a recruiting battle this late in the process without serious intentions of landing a prospect and that looks to be the case with Njoku. Listed as a wide receiver (though some feel he'd best project to tight end, which could certainly help given last night's news), Njoku would add size to a position group who currently lacks that trait. He's set up an official visit and will be in Columbus on January 31st. The one-time Rutgers commit also holds offers from Miami (FL), Temple, and Boston College.
A foursome of offers went out to a few Gulliver Prep players – 2015 linebacker Dominic Sheppard, 2016 athlete Cedric Wright, 2016 wide receiver Dionte Mullins, and 2017 running back Robert Burns. Sheppard checks in at 6'1 223 pounds and also holds offers from Alabama, Clemson, Miami, and Tennessee. A sure-tackler who can also lay the big hit, Sheppard will continue to get bigger and is poised for a huge senior season coming up. Though his recruitment hasn't fully blown up yet, Sheppard is a huge talent and will see his stock rise in the coming months. The Hurricanes appear to be his favorite in the early process of things.
Got offered by Ohio State .— 2016 All- American (@_CedTooLive) January 22, 2014
– Demetrius Knox is scheduled to make a visit to UCLA the weekend of January 31st. We've seen Knox play games with his recruitment in the past and Buckeye Nation shouldn't need to feel worried about this particular visit taking place.
– Coach Tim Hinton paid a visit to 2015 wide receiver Alex Ofodile on Tuesday. Check out what Missouri native had to say.
– Ohio State is reportedly one of four teams showing interest in 4-star pro style 2015 QB Travis Waller.
Urban Meyer in attendance!!! 👌🏈 pic.twitter.com/LFlT4cZGMn— Adam~Schooley (@Adam_Schooley10) January 22, 2014
- Ohio State TE Marcus Baugh arrested, reportedly suspended
- Ohio State recruiting: 2015 WR Alex Ofodile talks Tim Hinton visit
- Kieffer Longson, top 2015 OT, talks Ohio State, his recruitment
- Ohio prep hoops: Walnut Ridge survives at West, despite Holland's 36 points
- Meet Ohio State's future at kicker, Sean Nuernberger