Ohio State's walk-on situation for the 2014 class got a boost early Friday when St. Xavier (Cincinnati) quarterback Nick Tensing pledged to enroll at Ohio State as a preferred walk-on.
Tensing hasn't been evaluated by any of the major recruiting services, but was mulling multiple walk-on offers from FBS teams and Ivy League opportunities alike. As a junior, Tensing threw for 2,041 yards and 19 touchdowns while also rushing for 510 yards.
At 6'4, he has great size, and a college conditioning program under the leadership of Mick Marotti and Sarah Wick will do him wonders in terms of his ability to help compete on the scout team. He joins Lebanon, OH product Luke Morgan as walk-ons at the quarterback position for the Buckeyes.
Here's Tensing's highlight tape:
- Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 1/31 - Malik McDowell set to visit, more Jamarco Jones
- The latest on Jamarco Jones' Michigan State trip, Ohio State in-home
- A closer look at new Ohio State president Michael Drake
- Check out Ohio State's 2014 alternate throwback uniforms
- Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 1/30 - Coaches hit the road, Russell to McDonald's game