Ohio State has their eyes firmly squared on moving to 10-0 on the season. Standing in their way are long time obstacle (and "rival", given that they exchange a giant wooden turtle to the winners in the series), the University of Illinois. The Illini have had a rough first year under former Toledo head man Tim Beckman, but a win over Ohio State could take Beckman's already successful 2013 recruiting and jump start the rebuilding process into overdrive.
In order to better get a feel for how these two teams matchup on paper, we put together a list of the most pertinent stats that help make things a bit clearer. A few quick observations:
- Illinois' offensive line is every bit as bad as advertised.
- Ohio State's secondary is roughly the same.
- Ohio State's defense overall isn't as bad as folks thought it was a few weeks back.
- Illinois' had a lot of practice punting (and are very good at it in lieu there of).
- Ohio State's o-line isn't as faith instilling as our eyes had led us to believe.