An Urban Meyer spring exhibition in a neighboring city will be friendly, but ruthlessly paced. We're trying to keep up here:
- Position watch: Late in the first quarter, Scarlett's Chase Ferris was beat out for a sack by Adolphus Washington.
- Gray quarterback Kenny Guiton made a questionable call on a second down rush out of the pocket, electing to run out of bounds rather than throw to an open receiver. A few plays later Gray receiver Michael Thomas broke the hold of Eli Apple on a short pass and ran for a nice 13-yard gain.
- Guiton found Chris Fields for a five-yard touchdown pass across the middle to cap a 14 play drive, tying the game at 7. It was a 90-yard drive marked by Guiton's arm - he's 9 of 11 passing for 118 yards through two quarters.
- Drew Basil then had to hit a series of "PATs" with Meyer looming right over him. He hit from 49 and 29 yards and missed from 54, 54, 54 and 39 yards.
- Noah Spence and Adolphus Washington are ruining Braxton Miller's afternoon thus far. Gray has recorded six sacks thus far, Spence has three and Washington two.
- Armani Reeves knocked away a deep Miller pass to Smith prevent a touchdown down the left sideline. Reeves had his break-up timed perfectly.
- Miller has looked progressively less effective in the passing game, especially if you take away what could be considered a blown coverage on that first play of the game.
- Scarlet would retake the lead with under a minute left. Bri'onte Dunn had a nice run-and-catch on a 17-yard reception from Miller to set up a first and goal at the Gray 8-yard-line. Miller followed with a scramble to the three, then found Corey Brown for the touchdown pass.