After Urban Meyer and most of his assistant coaches hit the road this week to check in on many of the commits and top targets left on their big board, a majority of the future Buckeyes will return the favor, and make their way to Columbus over the weekend.
While the staff will reportedly also officially host 2015 four-star defensive tackle Christian Wilkins of Suffeld Academy (CT), it is members of the Elite '15 that dominate the list of prospects checking out OSU.
Wilkins and the following Ohio State verbal commits are scheduled to be on campus this weekend for their official visit:
- QB Joe Burrow (The Plains/Athens)
- DB Denzel Ward (Macedonia/Nordonia)
- LB Justin Hilliard (Cincinnati/St. Xavier)
- TE/DE Rashod Berry (Lorain/Lorain)
- LB Nick Conner (Dublin/Scioto)
- LB Jerome Baker (Cleveland/Benedictine)
- LS Liam McCullough (Worthington/Kilbourne)
- DL/OL Joshua Alabi (Detroit/Cass Tech)
- RB Mike Weber (Detroit/Cass Tech)
- DL Jashon Cornell (Saint Paul, MN/Cretin Derham Hall)
- OL Grant Schmidt (Sioux Falls,SD/Roosevelt)
- OL Kevin Feder (Ramsey, NJ/Don Bosco Prep)
Vaughn cancels visit:
With Ohio State picking up the commitment of running back Mike Weber earlier in the week, three-star running back Ke'Shawn Vaughn has canceled his official visit for this weekend, according to multiple reports.
With room for just one back in the class of 2015, Vaughn, a 5'10, 205-pound Nashville native, probably won't make the trip up unless Weber gets cold feet and looks elsewhere. That's very unlikely to happen. Vaughn had recently named a top three of OSU, Louisville, and Purdue.
According to the 247Sports Composite Rankings, Vaughn is the 31st running back and 385th-overall prospect in the class of 2015. This past season for Pearl Cohn he rushed for 2,600 yards and 45 touchdowns, and was named Mr. Football for the state of Tennessee.
Buckeyes offer 2018 lineman:
Always looking for talent, the Buckeyes offered one of the top class of 2018 offensive linemen in the country on Thursday. According to his Twitter page, Will Lawrence received an offer from the staff.
A 6'4, 260-pound freshman at Harding Academy in Nashville, Lawrence is already putting together a better offer list than some upperclassmen. The Buckeyes join Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, and TCU as a few of the programs who have jumped in early on Lawrence.
Land-Grant Holy Land will have much more on Will and his offer from Ohio State later today. Stay tuned.
- 2015 Ohio State commit Carlton Davis will officially visit Miami over the weekend. Could his hometown Hurricanes be in line to give the Buckeyes a taste of their own medicine, and flip the three-star prospect? We will have to wait and see.
- Future Buckeye Torrance Gibson will lead his Fort Lauderdale American Heritage squad against Tallahassee Godby in the Florida Class 5A State Championship later today. With a win, Gibson and the Patriots would bring the title home to American Heritage for the second straight season.