Sure, it's been a little while since we launched a podcast, but now that I'm is back in the country, it's time to pull out the microphone and get those #takes back on the airwaves.
You may have missed it in the deluge of other news that has happened over the last several days, but Ohio State not only picked up two big and unexpected commitments at Friday Night Lights, but they handed out offers, evaluated players, and made a big impression on at least one very highly regarded QB prospect. It's the last big recruiting event before the season actually starts, and there was a lot to unpack.
To make sense of everything, we chatted with our Miles Joseph, who was there on the scene, to not only go over what he saw at FNL, but also some of the big storylines coming out of Big Ten Media Days, and how some early season SEC schedules could have a big impact on Ohio State's recruiting.
Topics covered on this podcast include:
- How FNL has changed Torrance Gibson's recruitment, how he might project as an Ohio State Buckeye, and a prediction on where he ends up.
- A breakdown of both of Ohio State's newest commitments, and what position group they're a best fit for.
- Other prospects who looked particularly impressive that may get offers soon.
- Other prospects on commitment watch, and big dates to watch on the recruiting calendar over the next month.
- Urban Meyer's remarks at Big Ten Media Day
- How the schedules of Kentucky and Florida in September and October might impact Ohio State recruiting.