If you're on college football twitter, you're probably aware of The Key Play, an excellent Virginia Tech blog that types IN ALL CAPS during football season. It's funny, informative, and a worthwhile addition to your newsfeed, even if you don't care about Virginia Tech.
But this year, you should care about Virginia Tech, at least a little bit. The Buckeyes will square off with Virginia Tech as their premier game in September, and with a Hokies squad hungry to put the malaise of the last two seasons behind them, the Buckeyes won't lack for a motivated opponent, and one that could boast a devastatingly effective secondary.
So for our latest podcast, we chatted with Joe at The Key Play to get up to speed with everything happening with Virginia Tech. If you subscribe to the show on iTunes, you may already have the show on your device of choice, so you should probably do that. If you want to join that group, go here to subscribe to HITHL via iTunes, or check out our previous episodes here. Or, you could just listen below. That works, too.
We cover the following topics:
- The state of Virginia Tech's QB battle, who is likely to win the job, and what they bring to the table
- Other injuries and big storylines from fall camp
- Tech's ability to reload in their front seven, which was outstanding last year
- Whether they can rebuild a moribund rushing offense this season, and who could lead that charge
- How good could Tech's secondary be?
- Can Virginia Tech win the ACC Coastal, and how that division may shake out
- What's going on with Tech's special teams?
- How the OSU game might break down
ALSO, important programming announcement: We'll be doing a LIVE, call-in show on Wednesday, Aug. 20, at 7:00 p.m. ET. Be sure to listen and participate!