Thursday was pretty quiet when it comes to the world of Ohio State recruiting, but we're still here to get you caught up on all of the latest happenings.
Venzell Boulware to announce Saturday
Ohio State could very well add a new member to the "Elite '15" recruiting class this weekend as Fairburn (GA) Creekside offensive lineman Venzell Boulware is set to announce his college decision tomorrow at 4 between Ohio State and Tennessee.
I'm still not ready to make a final prediction here, but definitely wouldn't be surprised at all if he chooses the Buckeyes tomorrow. His most recent visit was however to Tennessee a couple of days ago, where he had the opportunity to take in one of the Vols' final practices before the season kicks off.
If the Buckeyes do indeed land the standout offensive lineman from the Peach State, they would have three offensive linemen in the class as they've already landed commitments from offensive tackles Grant Schmidt and Kevin Feder. They also have Cass Tech's Joshua Alabi in the fold, but he could be either on the offensive or defensive line once he arrives in Columbus next summer.
Mickey Mitchell decommits from OSU
Thad Matta and his staff got some bad news Thursday night when Plano (TX) Prestonwood Christian forward Mickey Mitchell decommitted from Ohio State's 2015 recruiting class.
While the Buckeyes still have Austin Grandstaff, A.J. Harris, and Daniel Giddens in the fold for their 2015 recruiting class, this is definitely a tough loss for the basketball Buckeyes.
You can read much more on the decommitment, including reaction from members of Ohio State's 2015 recruiting class here.
Ohio State offers Cornell Powell
Urban Meyer and his staff handed out yet another scholarship offer in the 2016 recruiting class yesterday when Greenville (NC) J.H. Rose wide receiver Cornell Powell learned he had a scholarship opportunity to play his college football in the Scarlet and Gray.
Land-Grant Holy Land recruiting writer Charles Doss caught up with the newest Buckeye offer, who was obviously very excited to learn about the big news.
"It's a blessing to add an offer from them, and I'm so grateful that they find me talented enough to play on their team. Said Cornell. "When I think of Ohio State, I think of championships. I don't necessarily have a favorite that is sticking out right now, but with this offer, they're definitely amongst the top."
There's still a long way to go, but it sounds like the Buckeyes are in the thick of things for the talented wideout. You can read the rest of the interview here.
- Aug. 2 visitor(s): Esa Ahmad (basketball)
- Sept. 6: Virginia Tech visitor(s) - QB/ATH Torrance Gibson, RB Jacques Patrick, RB Jordan Scarlett (Miami commit/maybe), WR Lawrence Cager, WR Devante Peete, WR Sam Bruce (Miami commit/maybe), WR Trevon Grimes(2017/maybe), OL Matthew Burrell (maybe), DE Josh Sweat, DE Mekhi Brown (Alabama commit), DE Nick Bosa (2016), DE/LB Ricky DeBerry, CB Damon Arnette (South Carolina commit/maybe), CB Kevin Toliver II
- Sept. 27: Cincinnati visitor(s)- WR Austin Mack (2016), OL Michal Menet (2016)
- Nov. 1: Illinois visitor(s)- LB Malik Jefferson
- Nov. 29: Michigan visitor(s)- RB Damien Harris, WR Austin Mack (2016), OL Michael Jordan (2016), OL Tommy Kraemer (2016), S Will Sunderland