This weekend is not just a big one for the current Ohio State football team, but also the future of the program. Many of the nation's top prospects will be in attendance tomorrow for the matchup between the Buckeyes and the Hokies of Virginia Tech.
Well over a dozen of the best high school athletes are currently scheduled to be on hand to check out the campus and watch the game. The list is definitely dominated by the talented group of seniors.
Even some of the current OSU commits will be on campus to help the Buckeye coaching staff in their recruiting efforts of most of the their top targets for 2015.
Five-star defensive end Josh Sweat, running backs Damien Harris, Jacques Patrick, Miami commit Jordan Scarlett, offensive lineman Matthew Burrell, and defensive backs Jordan Whitehead, Kevin Toliver, a current LSU commit and Mykelti Williams are just a few of the elite potential members of the 2015 class heading to the 614.
While the class of 2015 highlights the list, there will also be an impressive amount of underclassmen talent in Columbus on Saturday.
Commits George Hill and Tyler Gerald of the 2016 class, and 2017 quarterback Danny Clark will be there, as will Nick Bosa, and recent OSU offer Carter Coughlin, plus a long list of some of the top in-state juniors, and sophomores.
Urban Meyer, and the football staff won't be the only ones busy with prospects this weekend. Thad Matta, and the basketball Bucks will play host to 2015 commits AJ Harris, Austin Grandstaff, one time verbal commitment Mickey Mitchell, and four-star class of 2016 shooting guard Curtis Jones.
Subject to change, here is a break down of most of the recruits that will be roaming the Horseshoe sidelines on Saturday:
- LB- Justin Hilliard (Cincinnati/St.Xavier)
- DE- Jashon Cornell (Saint Paul,MN/Cretin-Derham Hall)
- QB- Joe Burrow (The Plains/Athens)
- LB- Nick Connor (Dublin/Scioto)
- DL- Joshua Alabi (Detriot/Cass Tech)
- LS- Liam McCullough (Worthington/Kilbourne)
- RB- George Hill (Hubbard/Hubbard)
- OL- Tyler Gerald (Portsmouth/Sciotoville)
- QB- Danny Clark (Massillon/Washington)
- DE- Josh Sweat (Chesapeake,VA/Oscar Smith)
- RB- Damien Harris (Berea,KY/Madison Southern)
- RB- Jacques Patrick (Orlando, FL/Timber Creek)
- RB- Jordan Scarlett (Fort Lauderdale, FL/ St. Thomas Aquinas)
- OL- Matthew Burrell (Woodbridge, VA/C.D. Hylton)
- DB- Jordan Whitehead (Monaca,PA/Central Valley)
- DB- Kevin Toliver (Jacksonville, FL/Trinity Christian Academy)
- DB- Mykelti Williams (Indianapolis, IN/Warren Central)
- RB/LB- JD Crabtree (Massillon/Washington)
- DE- Nick Bosa (Fort Lauderdale, FL/St.Thomas Aquinas)
- LB- Carter Coughlin (Eden Prairie, MN/Eden Prairie)
- RB- Demario McCall (North Ridgeville/North Ridgeville)
- LB- Brendan Ferns (Saint Clairsville/Saint Clairsville)
- DE- Jonathan Cooper (Gahanna/Lincoln)
- DB- Tyrece Speaight (Akron/St.Vincent St.Mary)
- DE- Mark Gooden (Reynoldsburg/Reynoldsburg)
- WR- Jonah Morris (Akron/Hoban)
- RB- Chris Evans (Indianapolis, IN/Ben Davis)
- RB- Todd Sibley (Akron/Hoban)
- DB- Marcus Williamson (Westerville/South)
- 2015 PG commit- AJ Harris (Dayton/Dunbar)
- 2015 SG commit- Austin Grandstaff (Rockwall, TX/Rockwall)
- 2015 SF- Mickey Mitchell (Plano, TX/Plano West)
- 2016 SG- Curtis Jones (Highland Springs, VA/Paul VI Catholic)