On Tuesday, Mike Ferrell, Josh Helmholdt, and the rest of the crew over at Rivals released their updated top 250 list for the class of 2016. Just like last time, many future and potential Ohio State football players foundd their names among the top talent in the country.
Seven of the 15 members of the Ohio State class of 2016 made the cut this go-around:
- #22- RB- Kareem Walker (Wayne, NJ/De Paul Catholic)
- #54- TE- Jake Hausmann (Cincinnati/Moeller)
- #66- RB- Demario McCall (North Ridgeville/North Ridgeville)
- #103- DT- Malik Barrow (Bradenton, FL/IMG Academy)
- #148- DE Jonathon Cooper (Gahanna/Lincoln)
- #177- ATH- George Hill (Hubbard/Hubbard)
- #202- DE- Terrell Hall (Washington, DC/St.John's College)
When you recruit nothing but top notch talent from across the United States, of course your verbal commitments aren't the only prospects that are going to receive accolades. Below are just a few of the Buckeyes' top targets that made the Rivals 250.
- #1- DT- Dexter Lawrence (Wake Forest, NC/Wake Forest)
- #5- WR- Nate Craig-Myers (Tampa, FL/Tampa Catholic)
- #6- DT- Rashan Gary (Paramus, NJ/Paramus Catholic)
- #17- DE- Nick Bosa (Fort Lauderdale, FL/St.Thomas Aquinas)
- #19- LB- Caleb Kelly (Fresno, CA/Clovis West)
- #51- WR- Ahmir Mitchell (Egg Harbor City, NJ/Cedar Creek)
- #59- DT- Antwuan Jackson (Ellenwood, GA/Cedar Grove)
- #75- DB- Trayvon Mullen (Coconut Creek, FL/Coconut Creek)
- #79- WR- Donnie Corley (Detroit, MI/Martin Luther King)
- #101- WR- Binjimen Victor (Coconut Creek, FL/Coconut Creek)
- #126- DB- Damar Hamlin (Pittsburgh, PA/Central Catholic)
- #147- DB- Jared Mayden (Sachse, TX/Sachse)
- #160- DT- Chris Daniels (Euless, TX/Trinity)
- #195- TE- Luke Farrell- Perry, OH/Perry)
- #205- WR- Tre Nixon (Viera, FL/Viera)
- #208- WR- Austin Mack (Fort Wayne, IN/Bishop Luers)
- #237- DB- Patrice Rene (Alexandria, VA/Episcopal)
- #249- LB- Aaron Hansford (Washington, DC/St. John's College)
Want to see what other top prospects made the list? Make sure to visit Rivals. com.
Corley and teammates to announce soon
Class of 2016 wideout and Ohio State target Donnie Corley and several of his Detroit Martin Luther King teammates could all announce their college commitments together some time over the next month or so, according to a report by Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports.
A 6'2, 180-pound, four-star prospect, Corley was once projected by many to leave the state and play his college ball in Columbus for the Buckeyes, but after more than one trip to East Lansing over the last few months, the Spartans of Michigan State have seemed to take the inside track to land his verbal pledge.
With the Buckeyes looking to always bring in playmakers, if Corley does in fact decide on MSU, look for Urban Meyer, Zach Smith and the rest of the Ohio State coaching staff to turn the heat up even higher on receivers such as Nate Craig-Myers, Binjimen Victor, and Tre Nixon, among others.
- Class of 2016 OSU target Luke Farrell received an offer from Notre Dame on Tuesday. The Perry, Ohio native holds well over a dozen scholarship offers under his belt. The Irish join programs such as Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan State, and Penn State in the hunt for the 6'6, 240-pound, four-star prospect.
- Cass Tech (MI) offensive lineman Michael Onwenu verbally committed to Michigan last night. Onwenu, one of the top guards in the country, chose the Wolverines over scholarship offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State, any many other schools.