A 59-point win can sure change the outlook of the season, huh?
Behind an efficient (and explosive!) offense, — with help from a stingy and opportunistic defense— Ohio State demolished Nebraska, and in the process put everyone on notice to what can happen when they’re clicking on all cylinders. It was the most consistent performance for the Buckeyes since playing Oklahoma in week three, and an encouraging sign as they head into the home stretch of the regular season. But, before they finish off with the one-two punch of Michigan schools, they must first head to College Park for a showdown with the Maryland Terrapins.
On this edition of Hangout in the Holyland, I talk with Testudo Times Managing Editor Ryan Connors about all things Maryland football and this week’s game, including:
- Maryland’s bold choice to wear Mountain Dew Code Red uniforms
- How DJ Durkin’s first year has gone, and where the Terps stand on the recruiting trail
- What makes their ground game so effective
- How new Offensive Coordinator Walt Bell has helped fix their interception woes from last season
- Why they’ve struggled defensively, despite Durkin’s expertise
Finally, they break down the game, discuss whether Maryland has any chance of winning, and why Ohio State might be in for its best rushing day of the season against the porous Terrapins run defense.
You can find the podcast on our iTunes page, and we strongly encourage reviews, comments, criticisms, etc. to help us deliver the best possible audio product. The more we hear from you, the better we can make it. We’re also on Soundcloud, the SB Nation podcast page, and you can subscribe via RSS on your Android and Windows Phone devices here.