Say what you want about Ohio State’s quality of opponent since their loss to Oklahoma, but the Buckeyes have trucked through the last month, winning their four games by an average score of 52-10. Both the offense and defense have been top-notch (we’ll get to the special teams later), and they’ve managed to avoid serious injuries for the most part as they head into the second half of the season.
On this episode of The Hangout in the Holy Land, Colton Denning and Patrick Mayhorn talk Ohio State’s improvement over the last month, and what they think of the Buckeyes taking over the No. 1 spot of the new S&P+ rankings. They also break down everything about Ohio State’s 62-14 win over Maryland, including:
- What impressed them most about J.T. Barrett’s game versus the Terps.
- Binjimen Victor’s growth, and whether he’s taken the leap to being the Buckeyes’ go-to receiver.
- Replacing Branden Bowen on the offensive line after his season ending injury.
- Giving props to the defense, talking up Chase Young, Jalyn Holmes, and Nick Bosa, plus a celebration of Jerome Baker’s breakthrough game.
- Wondering what the hell happened on special teams, and why that’s the biggest concern for the team moving forward, and more!
The guys also take a look at what happened around college football this week, make fun of Michigan’s loss to Michigan State, and talk about why you shouldn’t worry about Oklahoma’s loss to Iowa State.
You can find the podcast on our iTunes page, and we encourage reviews, comments, criticisms, etc. to help us deliver the best possible audio product. The more we hear from you, the better we can make it. We’re also on Soundcloud, and you can subscribe via RSS on your Android and Windows Phone devices here.