clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Top 2018 OG has eye on Ohio State visit

There is strong indications that the best guard from the 2018 class will visit the Buckeyes.

Jamaree Salyer
247sports

Buckeyes in pursuit of top OG

According to a report by 247Sports’ Bill Kurelic, top offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer (Atlanta, GA / Pace Academy) will definitely be making an official visit to Ohio State. Salyer is rated as the No. 9 overall player in the country as well as the top offensive guard in the 2018 class.

Ohio State has kept a strong relationship with Salyer over the last couple years and sit near the top of his list as we head to the second half of the summer. Though the Buckeyes have done an excellent job in this recruitment, it still looks as if the home-state Bulldogs will be tough to beat. Nevertheless, the interest remains high and a good official visit could shake some things up for the 300-pound road-grader.

Over 25 offers have come Salyer’s way, including the likes of Clemson, Stanford and Alabama to go along with Bulldog and Buckeye offers. According to the 247sports crystal ball, Georgia holds 69 percent of the predictions, while Clemson holds the remaining 31 percent. Even though 13 predictions were cast, the Buckeyes will have an upfield battle if they were looking to get a commitment from the five-star prospect.

Peters commits to Kentucky

Ohio outside linebacker Xavier Peters made a commitment to Kentucky on Tuesday evening. Peters is a top 300 player, according to 247Sports, and the No. 8 player in the Buckeye State for the 2018 recruiting cycle. The Scarlet and Gray last had a visit with Peters back on April 14, according to 247sports.

Peters has elite size at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds. Ohio State has not extended an offer to Peters as of right now, but you have to think that as we get closer to signing day, and if there’s an open spot, Ohio State could make a move and become a legitimate player in this recruitment.