Aug. 1 marks the first day college football programs are allowed to officially send out scholarship offers to high school seniors, according to NCAA rule 18.104.22.168.
“Prior to August 1 of a prospective student-athlete’s senior year in high school, an institution shall not provide a written offer of athletically-related financial aid or indicate in writing to the prospective student-athlete that an athletically-related grant-in-aid will be offered by the institution.”
Because of this, multiple Ohio State commitments and targets took to Twitter to show off their official scholarship offers - and per the usual, the Ohio State graphics design team did a fantastic job.
Below is a running list of those who received their offer today:
- Four-star WR target Cameron Brown (Saint Louis, MO / Christian Brothers College) was the first to let the world know he had received his offer.
- Four-star DE target Jayson Oweh (Blairstown, NJ / Blair Academy) was the next to follow suit.
- Four-star ILB commit Teradja Mitchell (Virginia Beach / VA Bishop Sullican Catholic) also received his official offer today and noted that he plans to sign early with the team in December.
Can't wait to sign in December ✔️ .. pic.twitter.com/FM7ZXJEMnI— ™⁷ (@WhosThatNumber7) August 1, 2017
- One of Ohio State’s top remaining prospects in the class, five-star DE Micah Parsons (Harrisburg, PA / Harrisburg) appeared excited about his offer.
- Four-star DT target Nesta Silvera (Fort Lauderdale, Fl / American Heritage) received his offer earlier today as well. Silvera is currently committed to Miami, but it is believed he could end up in Scarlet and Gray come National Signing Day.
- Four-star DE commit and Silvera’s teammate, Andrew Chatfield also received his offer today.
Official offer from hio State pic.twitter.com/rPz6dzxqfq— Andrew Chatfield™ ⛽️ (@Drew_Chatfield) August 1, 2017
- Four-star safety commit Josh Proctor (Owasso, OK / Owasso).
- Ohio State’s other four-star safety commit, Jaiden Woodbey (Fontana, CA / St. John Bosco) was the next future Buckeye to receive his official offer.
Blessed to receive my 3rd Official offer from THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! pic.twitter.com/88aox0sQCV— J-DUB ‼️ (@JaidenWoodbey) August 1, 2017
- Four-star CB commit Sevyn Banks (Orlando, FL / Jones) showed off all of the official scholarship offers he received today, but made sure to let everyone know he is 100 percent still a Buckeye, despite the other impressive offers.
- The country’s top tight end recruit and recent Ohio State commit, Jeremy Ruckert (Lindenhurst, NY / Lindenhurst) also reaffirmed his commitment to Ohio State while showing off his new offer.
- Four-star OLB commit Dallas Gant (Toledo, OH / St. John’s Jesuit) also received his offer this afternoon.
- Incoming four-star QB Emory Jones (Franklin, GA / Heard County) also shared his offer letter.