Ohio State has had a busy August on the recruiting trail.
In the past week alone, the Buckeyes have gotten the commitments of 2018 linebacker K’Vaughan Pope and 2019 offensive lineman Doug Nester, plus a decommitment in the form of 2018 defensive end Andrew Chatfield. While Chatfield’s decision is obviously a bummer, the Buckeyes are still red hot on the recruiting trail, and you shouldn’t expect that to change any time soon.
On this episode of The Hangout in the Holyland, Landgrant contributor Patrick Mayhorn joins the show to break down all the recent Ohio State recruiting news, including:
- What type of linebacker Ohio State is getting in Pope, and why his commitment is rock solid.
- The Buckeyes’ recruiting presence in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
- Nester’s skillset and place as a leader in Ohio State’s 2019 class.
- Why Chatfield’s decommitment was expected.
- Whether Ohio State can finish with the highest ranked class of all-time, names in the 2018 class still on the Buckeyes’ radar, and more!
You can find the podcast on our iTunes page, and we encourage reviews, comments, criticisms, etc. to help us deliver the best possible audio product. The more we hear from you, the better we can make it. We’re also on Soundcloud, and you can subscribe via RSS on your Android and Windows Phone devices here.