Is UNLV a good team? Nope. After (and even during) Ohio State’s 54-21 win over the Rebels, there was a lot of chatter about not being able to take anything away from the Buckeyes big win, especially the numbers the offense put up. The Hangout in the Holyland disagrees.
In dropping 44 points in the first half, Ohio State’s offense averaged over nine yards per play, finally looked explosive in the passing game, while the defense held a legitimately good UNLV offense to seven first-half points. The mark of a strong team is beating down the teams you’re supposed to, and that’s exactly what the Buckeyes did on Saturday.
On this episode, Colton Denning and Patrick Mayhorn recap the Buckeyes’ win, and give their biggest takeaways from the game, including:
- J.T. Barrett’s strong performance.
- J.K. Dobbins quietly putting up big numbers once again.
- The big day from the wide receivers, and whether that group is starting to hit its stride.
- Showing love to Nick Bosa, Jalyn Holmes, and the rest of the defensive line for their stellar game.
- Dwayne Haskins first extended game action, and why it’s easy to see how talented he is.
- Erick Smith’s encouraging play, a bounce back game from the special teams unit, and more!
The guys also take a look at what else happened in the world of college football this week, why the top teams this season are closely grouped together, and look ahead to the Rutgers game.
You can find the podcast on our iTunes page, and we encourage reviews, comments, criticisms, etc. to help us deliver the best possible audio product. The more we hear from you, the better we can make it. We’re also on Soundcloud, and you can subscribe via RSS on your Android and Windows Phone devices here.