Before getting into this week’s football preview podcast, we’d like your help. It’s been a sad week for the SB Nation family, as our good friend Brian Towle passed away. Brian played a big part in what went on at Corn Nation and all the SB Nation college sites as a whole, and was always generous with his time with us, whether that meant joining the podcast, or helping out with breaking news. Brian’s wife has set up a GoFundMe page for his funeral, and if there’s anything you can contribute to help, it would be greatly appreciated.
There is a lot going on in college sports this week. Aside from the usual craziness of a week during Ohio State Football season, college basketball decided to join the fun, with the news of a big-time FBI investigation engulfing the sport dominating headlines.
It looks like the Ohio State Basketball program is in the clear, but how far will the latest college sports scandal spread, and is it possible that we’ll see something similar in college football?
On this edition of The Hangout in the Holy Land, Colton Denning and Matt Brown are back to talk about everything going down this week, including Ohio State’s game with Rutgers, why you should be thankful for the way Thad Matta ran the basketball program, and more, including:
- Watching how Ohio State distributes carries in the run game, the return of Mike Weber, and whether J.T. Barrett will have 10 carries.
- Why Rutgers’ defense should be a good challenge.
- Whether we can expect another blowout, and why it should be a good game for the defense.
- Their thoughts on the Buckeyes a quarter of the way through the season.
- What the college basketball scandal means for Ohio State, and whether we’ll see anything like this in college football soon, and more!
The guys also take their usual look around the college football world, talk about which games they’re most interested in, and make a couple of bold predictions.
You can find the podcast on our iTunes page, and we encourage reviews, comments, criticisms, etc. to help us deliver the best possible audio product. The more we hear from you, the better we can make it. We’re also on Soundcloud, and you can subscribe via RSS on your Android and Windows Phone devices here.