Ohio State basketball was a lot of things over the last few years, most of them bad. Their effort level was frustrating. They were perpetually on the bubble, or worse. They were getting lapped in recruiting.
But then they made a coaching change, and last year’s Ohio State squad was none of those things. And perhaps most importantly, they were fun.
This year’s team, however, enters with plenty of questions. They have major production holes to fix. They don’t have a clear star. Their conference is in flux. Their coach is still a bit of an enigma.
Our comprehensive preview seeks to answer those questions and get you informed, and excited, for what should be an interesting and compelling basketball season for the Buckeyes.
We’ll be releasing this baker’s dozen of Buckeye stories over the next few days, so bookmark this page to make sure that you don’t miss any of the updates, as you can find them all here. From an exclusive interview with one of Ohio State’s most beloved basketball figures to breakdowns on all the key players, if you love Ohio State basketball, you won’t want to miss this package.
1) Scoonie Penn bridges the gap between Ohio State’s basketball past and future
2) Does Ohio State basketball really need a standout star?
3) Luther Muhammad is the first viral star at Ohio State
4) Meet the new faces for Ohio State basketball
5) C.J. Jackson and Keyshawn Woods are the veteran guards Ohio State needs
6) More Ohio State basketball games at St. John Arena, please
7) Chris Holtmann has brought excitement to Columbus, but who is the Ohio State coach?
8) Is this the year Micah Potter breaks through?
9) Kaleb and Andre Wesson are ready to become Ohio State’s next lethal duo
10) Big Ten preseason basketball predictions
11) Podcast: Buckeye Basketball for Dummies
12) Three burning questions about the 2018-19 Ohio State basketball team
13) Chris Holtmann is building a national power program, here’s how