Are you enjoying watching Dwayne Haskins light up the field this season? Are you frustrated by the defense? Do you want to share your thoughts about the Buckeyes with the world? If so, we may have just the right opportunity for you.
Land-Grant Holy Land is hiring writers. We need someone to cover recruiting, a writer to handle film breakdown previews and recaps, and someone to play center field for us and write articles on a variety of topics. Read on to see if any of these opportunities is the best fit for you.
What are we looking for?
We need three new writers at Land-Grant Holy Land. Each position is a part-time, remote contractor role with a monthly stipend.
Recruiting writer: This person will handle our weekly recruiting round-up and will help with recruiting commitment pre-writes, as well as a weekly in-depth piece on the state of OSU recruiting.
Football film study writer: Responsibilities include completion of a preview and review of film each week during the football season. Additionally, this person will also cover our news aggregation article (Why is this News?) on Wednesdays.
General contributor: This person will play center field for us and write a variety of recaps, features, and news pieces each month.
What qualifications should you have?
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Have a deep understanding of the Buckeyes, specifically recruiting and/or Xs and Os, depending on the position you’re interested in.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Land-Grant Holy Land community.
- Are able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Are self-starters and comfortable meeting deadlines.
- Are willing and able to help with Buckeyes coverage on game days during the season.
- Previous writing experience is strongly preferred.
How do you apply?
Send a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your email which role you’re interested in. You must submit all of these items to be considered for these roles.
If you have questions about this role, the application process, Land-Grant Holy Land, or SB Nation in general, please reach out to Jeanna at the email listed above.
If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.