You know those days where everything goes your way? Like whatever you do, it’s going to turn out exceptional? That was how Wednesday went for Ohio State athletics.
Between signing one of the highest rated recruiting classes of all-time, Urban Meyer confirming that a contract extension is in the works, and the basketball team’s 64-63 road win over No. 3 Purdue—to give them first place in the Big Ten, no less— it was a banner day for the Buckeyes on all fronts.
On this episode of the Hangout in the Holy Land, Colton Denning and Patrick Mayhorn recap the Buckeyes’ eventful Wednesday, and give their thoughts on everything that went down, including:
- Why signing 5-star OT Nicholas Petit-Frere was such a big deal, and reminiscent of how the Buckeyes stole Vonn Bell from the SEC in the 2013 class.
- What 4-star OLB Javontae Jean-Baptiste brings to the program, how Meyer and co. were able to steal him from Nebraska, and why he might end up as a defensive end.
- Meyer’s contract extension keeping him in Columbus for the long haul, and why Greg Schiano’s rumored pay raise is well-deserved.
- Making fun of Michigan’s hilariously average class, and discussing why the Wolverines are in such a tough spot right now.
- Recapping the basketball team’s win over Purdue, how the Buckeyes were able to win despite not playing their best, and generally waxing poetic about Chris Holtmann.