clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Ohio State gets some love on Twitter from 4-star DE target

This DE happens to be the brother of a current Buckeye basketball member, Micah Potter.

247sports

Even though both basketball programs are done for the season, and football is still gearing up for the spring game, there are still postseason events happening for the Ohio State Buckeyes. Men’s hockey plays on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, and a dozen Buckeyes will be represented in the fencing championships.

Now, with that OSU athletics PSA out of the way, onto the main point for why you’re here: recruiting.

The football program got some good news. Whether it was in the form of getting some love on social media from a high-touted recruit, or getting some future visits penciled in, it was a pretty good day on the recruiting trail for the Scarlet and Gray.

It must run in the family

Already, the Buckeye basketball program has one of the Potter brothers. Micah Potter was part of the 2016 class that then-head coach Thad Matta brought in.

Flash forward a couple years later, and one of his other siblings is being recruited by the Buckeye football program. Or, is the younger sibling recruiting Ohio State?

Noah Potter, a four-star defensive end in the 2019 class, got the people on social media talking after posting that ‘Runs in the Family’ graphic on Twitter. Some people thought he commit to the Buckeyes, but that was not the case.

Even though he didn’t verbally attach himself to Urban Meyer’s program, things are still looking good for the Scarlet and Gray to pick up the Mentor, Ohio, native. According to 247sports, there are 15 crystal ball predictions in for Potter; all of them point toward the DE committing to OSU. Granted there haven’t been any new predictions in about a month, but with a recent offer from the Alabama Crimson Tide, and an unofficial visit to Wisconsin last week, the fact that nothing has shook the foundation of a Potter-to-OSU prediction seems like a good thing if you’re a Buckeye fan.

Potter already holds over 20 offers, with the likes of Penn State, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame already in the game for the No. 8 talent in Ohio’s 2019 recruiting class.

A packed campus in early April

It appears that a trio of Sunshine State talents are making their way up north in the first week of April for a visit to the OSU campus. All three of them come from the same powerhouse high school, St. Thomas Aquinas.

According to Miami DieHards, safety Jordan Battle, cornerback Jaden Davis and linebacker Anthony Solomon are the three members that will see what the Buckeye program is about. All three members are part of the 2019 recruiting cycle—but only one of them has crystal ball predictions that lean the Buckeyes’ way.

Battle is the one that looks to be leaning toward OSU, with all 10 crystal ball predictions going toward the Scarlet and Gray. The four-star prospect also had offers from Georgia, Miami (FL) and Michigan, just to name a few. Earlier in the week, he spoke with SB Nation recruiting analyst Bud Elliott about his recruitment. With that being said, whatever Meyer and the Bucks did since offering Battle a scholarship on Feb. 23 seems to be working, and it might be worth pulling out the same stops for Solomon and Davis.

Solomon, like Battle, holds a four-star rating and has a slew of offers under his belt. However, Michigan and Miami (FL) are seen as the two programs that are trending in his favor. There are currently seven predictions in for Davis, and the Wolverines hold 86 percent of those predictions on the crystal ball; the remaining 14 percent go to the Hurricanes.

The last of the trio, who also happens to be a four-star, is Davis. The Hurricanes are the second leader for him, too, but unlike Battle and Solomon, a Big Ten program is not leading the predictions. The in-state Florida Gators are seen as the leader at the moment, but that has potential to change. According to his profile page on 247sports, the week after Davis visits Ohio State (April 6), he’s expect to take an unofficial visit to the Oklahoma Sooners.

Who knows how the Columbus visit will end, but with Battle already leaning on the Buckeyes, he could convince his teammates to flip to the Scarlet and Gray. If anything comes about the visit, we’ll definitely keep you updated.