Ohio State defensive lineman Nick Bosa was out against Tulane after undergoing surgery on a core muscle issue. Now, it looks like he’ll be out for until November recovering from the injury/surgery, per reports.
Ari Wasserman of The Athletic reported that Bosa’s dad told him that Nick would be out until November. Recovery times vary from core muscle surgery. For instance, Le’Veon Bell took about six weeks to recover when he underwent the procedure. Cleveland.com noted that Bosa will be reevaluated by his surgeon in November.
According to Wasserman, Bosa’s father categorized the surgery as “major,” however Bill Landis from cleveland.com reported that the injury is “100 percent fixable.”
Source tells https://t.co/po3g0fHm9X that Nick Bosa's injury is "100 percent fixable" and that he'll be reevaluated by in his surgeon in Philadelphia in November https://t.co/o4aV6lqBCx— Bill Landis (@BillLandis25) September 24, 2018
In his weekly press conference, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer said that he had spoken with Bosa and his family, and that has he gets closer to being ready to return, they will all discuss what is best for the player, especially since he is likely to be one of the top players taken in next year’s NFL Draft.
The Tulane game was the first time this season that the Buckeye defensive line was without their All-American lineman. The outcome was a four sack effort—with rising-star Chase Young tallying one of the sacks.
So far this season, Bosa has 6.0 tackles-for-loss, four sacks, and a game changing forced fumble against TCU before exiting with the injury.
We hope for a speedy recovery for Nick!