George Eisner and Ben Goren are lifelong friends. George is an Ohio State grad, while Ben is a Northwestern alum. Every week, they will break down all of the action around the Big Ten while trying to make sure that their loyalties don’t color their judgement too badly.
After a one week hiatus, Burn Down the Big Ten is back! With Week 6 long gone, Ben and I start by throwing heaps of praise on Ohio State for their resounding wins over Nebraska and Michigan State. We also have an interesting debate about who the Buckeyes’ best player is: Justin Fields or Chase Young?
From there, we dump a bucket of cold water on Michigan’s 10-3 win over Iowa, and then give credit where it’s due to a Penn State team that we somewhat overlooked — particularly me — earlier on this season. We wrap with a preview of Penn State vs. Iowa for week 7, Ben vents about Mick McCall potentially getting shown the door at the end of the year, and we give you a couple other Big Ten games to keep an eye on this weekend.
If you enjoyed our previous shows, thanks for listening, and don’t forget to share and subscribe!
- Ohio State looks like a team ready to make a serious run at the College Football Playoff
- Who is Ohio State’s best player right now, Justin Fields or Chase Young?
- Who has the hotter seat in the Big Ten right now, Scott Frost or Mark Dantonio?
- Michigan’s win over Iowa got them off the mat, but doesn’t mean much outside of Ann Arbor
- Penn State is better than we thought, but still has to get through Ohio State
- Previewing #10 Penn State @ #17 Iowa this weekend
Listen to the episode here: