Here’s all you need to know about Ohio State’s 56-21 win over Rutgers:
- Ohio State had 28 points on their first 19 offensive snaps.
- The offense averaged 10 yards per play in the first half.
- No one got hurt.
Yeah, there were moments where they looked sluggish on both sides of the ball, but yesterday was about as no-win of a situation as you can have. Beat Rutgers by 70? Cool, no one’s impressed. Play the starters for three quarters to try and keep them sharp before Penn State? No thanks, especially right after you saw what happened to Tua Tagovailoa. Ultimately, Ohio State dominated another opponent, got out of it relatively unscathed, and that’s all that matters.
On this episode of the Hangout in the Holy Land, I recap the win, and some of my key takeaways, including:
- Trying to figure out what’s going on at punt returner
- Justin Fields putting up NCAA 07 numbers in the first half
- The offense giving Penn State and Michigan some extra wrinkles to think about
- Shaun Wade’s big game
- Taking your questions, comments and more! Listen below: