Ohio State football’s 2019 spring practice officially kicks off today as Ryan Day leads the Buckeyes into his first season as a collegiate head coach. As the team gets back onto the field, they bring with them an inordinate amount of questions.
Gone is the three-time National Championship winning coach. Gone is the most prolific passing quarterback in school and conference history. Gone are three game-changing wide receivers. Gone are two devastating defensive lineman.
In their place we have a first-time head coach; an almost entirely new defensive coaching staff; a quarterback recruit who enrolled at OSU about six weeks ago; and a ton of young talent chomping at the bit to get on the field and prove their worth.
As the Buckeyes work their way through the first week of spring practice, we will bring you a slate of articles looking at the team — and its key players and coaches — from all imaginable angles. Over the next seven days (leading up to the tip off of the Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament), we will cover spring ball as only Land-Grant Holy Land does.
articles will be linked as they go live
Wednesday, March 6
- What should you expect from Ohio State’s offense in 2019?
- How Ryan Day’s overhauled coaching staff will try to fix Ohio State’s defense (from SB Nation)
- What should you expect from Ohio State’s defense in 2019?
- Ryan Day already mixing things up on defense in first spring practice
Thursday, March 7
- Chris Olave is the star receiver Ohio State has been waiting for
- Who is Jeff Hafley and what does he bring to Ohio State?
- With spring practice underway, Ryan Day is adjusting to his role as Ohio State football head coach
Friday, March 8
- Shaun Wade and Jeffrey Okudah are done waiting for their turn
- Once an afterthought, Demario McCall is ready for his breakthrough
Saturday, March 9
- What does the future NFL pipeline look like for Ohio State?
- Brendon White could be the key to fixing Ohio State’s defense
Sunday, March 10
Monday, March 11
- Can Justin Fields actually be as good as advertised?
- Ohio State releases salaries for its 2019 football coaching staff
- Justin Hilliard has one last chance to live up to his lofty expectations
- Vegas has high expectations for Ryan Day’s first-year win total
Wednesday, March 13
Thursday, March 14
- With just one true starter returning, Ohio State’s offensive line will have plenty of questions to answer before the season