Every year around this time, college football fans across the country struggle for answers to the same question:
What can we take away from the Spring Game?
While the answer is usually “[average player] is going to be a STAR!” or “Wow, that was terrible and means nothing,” there are definitely some things we can take away from Ohio State’s this past week:
- Justin Fields is explosive
- Garrett Wilson needs to see the field immediately
- The offensive line is a question mark heading into the season
- The linebacker battle is probably going to be a thing until the FAU game (and maybe even after)
- The defense will look different
On this episode of the Hangout in the Holy Land, Patrick Mayhorn and I sift through the Spring Game, talk about where Ohio State stands after Spring practice, and some of our major takeaways about how Ryan Day is running the program so far.