The Ryan Day-Justin Fields era is shaping up to be a fun time to write about the Buckeyes. Here’s your shot to join our team and share your takes with the world.
Land-Grant Holy Land is looking for writers who have a flair for fun, offbeat takes about Ohio State and the world of college football. If you can dig into the Xs and Os, too, that’s great! But we’re primarily looking for stories about the Buckeyes that are creative and unique.
What do the roles entail?
The writers will be responsible for writing about the Buckeyes on agreed upon topics and schedules. These are part-time, remote, contract roles compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Buckeyes and will already be familiar with Land-Grant Holy Land’s voice and style.
- Have a solid understanding of Ohio State athletics.
- Have a unique voice and the creativity to come up with offbeat, fun stories about the Buckeyes.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous sportswriting experience is preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’d like to write about the Buckeyes for Land-Grant Holy Land, a resume detailing any previous writing experience, and a sports-related writing sample. You must submit all three items as specified via the Vox Media Careers page to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about the role or the application process, please contact Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Land-Grant Holy Land is committed to bringing you coverage of the Buckeyes from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.