If you haven’t been paying attention, Luke Fickell’s done a pretty damn good job at Cincinnati.
After a 4-8 debut in 2017, Fickell’s Bearcats soared to 11-2 last year, marking themselves as one of the premier Group of Five teams heading into 2019. Judging by their 24-14 win over UCLA last week, the former Buckeye player/coach has them in great position to make noise nationally once again.
On this episode of the Hangout in the Holy Land, Colton Denning chats with Down the Drive’s Clayton Trutor about UC, the likelihood of them pulling an upset on Saturday, and more, including:
- Fickell’s return to Columbus, and why they believe him when he says he’s “unemotional” about it.
- Cincinnati needing to finish drives if they want to have a chance
- Whether their ground and pound strategy can work on the Ohio State defense
- How Fickell’s —and former Buckeye Marcus Freeman’s— defense matches up with Justin Fields and Co.
- Why Ohio State favored by 16.5 points is reasonable