Hey Buckeye fans, Land-Grant Holy Land is in the market for a new managing editor, and we are hoping that either that’s you, or you can help us find that person. We are looking for someone who loves Ohio State, loves writing and talking about the school’s sports teams, and thinks outside the box in the ways that they tell stories.
The person that we are looking for will also have great organizational and communication skills and a desire to promote and foster unique voices and perspectives in the Ohio State blogging community. If that sounds like you, or someone you know, check out the link below.
Here’s some more information about the position and what we are looking for.
Land-Grant Holy Land, the SB Nation blog covering the Ohio State Buckeyes, is looking for a new manager.
What you’ll do:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover the Ohio State Buckeyes news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What you’ll bring:
- Have a passion for Ohio State and news
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Have a desire to tell stories using video and audio, along with print.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.