While Ohio State didn’t play over the weekend due to Maryland’s elevated COVID-19 cases, Buckeye alum had themselves a day in the NFL. Below are some of the standout performances, as well as a few honorable mentions.
That Ohio weather couldn’t stop a @Browns dub today ‼️— Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) November 15, 2020
Watch the rest of the Buckeyes in the @NFL: https://t.co/dVC0Jl66YI pic.twitter.com/mAAe3RR2z1
It was a pretty quiet day for the rookies, the exception being Davon Hamilton, who recorded his first career NFL sack, bringing down none other than the legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Hamilton also recorded four tackles and one tackle for loss.
Rookie @dmhamilton53 gets his first career sack!— #DUUUVAL (@Jaguars) November 15, 2020
: FOX | https://t.co/Umr1TAAKCj pic.twitter.com/Pmk6d3WKrD
Other miscellaneous news and notes for Buckeye rookies
- Austin Mack had one catch for nine yards for the New York Giants
- Jeff Okudah recorded three tackles and one tackle for loss for the Detroit Lions.
- In his first game back from injury, Jordan Fuller recorded three tackles for the LA Rams.
- Malik Harrison recorded two tackles for the Ravens while J.K. Dobbins had five carries for 13 yards and one catch for one yard on the other side of the ball.
- Jonah Jackson started at left guard.
New Orleans Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins snagged an interception for the second week in a row. He finished the game with five total tackles, one tackle for loss and one interception.
The ageless wonder delivers yet again ‼️ @MalcolmJenkins still #BIA— Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) November 15, 2020
: #SFvsNO on FOXpic.twitter.com/rWWszAwfrL
One day, we will publish one of these without a Terry McLaurin highlight. Today is not that day. In his team’s close loss to the Detroit Lions, McLaurin caught seven of the nine passes thrown his way for a total of 95 yards, making it his third straight game with at least 90 receiving yards. He also had one carry for 27 yards.
Terry McLaurin is very good at his job pic.twitter.com/mgg6C8dLSB— Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) November 17, 2020
Scary Terry on the loose @TheTerry_25 @WashingtonNFL— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) November 15, 2020
#WASvsDET on FOX pic.twitter.com/CQXtbewWuj
After being released by the Minnesota Vikings last week, it didn’t take long for another team to scoop up former Ohio State center Pat Elflein.
We've claimed OL Pat Elflein.— New York Jets (@nyjets) November 16, 2020
Other miscellaneous news and notes for Buckeye veterans
- Patriots DE John Simon recorded five tackles, a sack and a pass breakup in their victory over the Baltimore Ravens.
- Bengals safety Vonn Bell had three tackles and two pass breakups and defensive end Sam Hubbard had three tackles and one pass breakup in their loss against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Denzel Ward, Dre’Mont Jones and Marshon Lattimore each recorded five tackles for the Browns, Broncos and Saints respectively.
- Tyquan Lewis recorded three tackles and two tackles for loss for the Colts.
- For the Saints, Michael Thomas had two receptions for 27 yards.
- Curtis Samuel had nine receptions for eight yards and three carries for four yards for the Panthers.
- Michael Jordan, Andrew Norwell, Taylor Decker and Corey Linsley started for their respective offensive lines.