Now that the clock has gone to zeros in Ohio State’s victory over Michigan State, that means that it is now officially “Beat M*ch*g*n Week”! With all of the COVID-19 concerns, we aren’t 100% sure that this game is going to happen, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t start getting ready for The Game, just in case.
It is time to purge all of the blue from your wardrobe, to put red Xs over every visible M on your social media profiles, and to remove the name
Michigan from your vocabulary.
Here’s some quick facts to get you ready for the 2020 edition of The Game:
- The Ohio State Buckeyes are scheduled to host their rivals on Saturday, Dec. 12 at 12 noon ET. The game will be broadcast on FOX.
- On Saturday, it will be 3,304 days since the last time that TTUN beat Ohio State in a football game.
- The last time that the Wolverines beat Ohio State when they were coached by a full-time head coach was in 2003.
- TTUN has only two wins against Ohio State since Jim Tressel took over as the Buckeyes’ head coach in 2001. Furthermore, OSU is 40-27-2 against their rival since Woody Hayes was named head coach in 1951.
- OSU is 51-46-4 against TTUN in Big Ten Conference games.
- M*ch*g*n is 0-5 against Ohio State since Jim Harbaugh was named the Maize and Blue head coach.
- With their win over Michigan State, Ohio State is guaranteed to represent the Big Ten East in the Big Ten Championship Game on Dec. 19, whether they beat their rival or not, as long as the game is played. The Buckeyes will be looking to win their fourth Big Ten title in a row, and fifth since the implementation of the conference title game. TTUN has never played in the B1G Title Game.
- With only one year left on his contract with his alma mater, Harbaugh very well might be a lame duck at this point, since college coaches rarely coach in the final year of a deal because of the negative connotation it gives to recruits.
- And, because we are who we are, we’ve got multiple shirts available to troll TTUN. You can get all of these here!
We will be covering the rivalry game all week here at Land-Grant Holy Land, so make us your home for all of your Maize and Blue hate from now until next Saturday.