Well, its a new week folks. We’ve made it to yet another Monday. Not that it really matters at this point as pretty much every day for the last two weeks or so has felt like Sunday — but I digress.
The sports world remains at a stand still with no clear end in sight, but there’s still plenty to talk about across the Ohio State beat. Land-Grant Holy Land is here to get you caught up on anything you may have missed as you were out taking a stroll and practicing social distancing.
From around Land-Grant Holy Land...
The Buckeyes are currently in the process of putting together the nation’s best class in 2021, but don't think that means Ryan Day hasn’t already starting putting work in for 2022.
Last week we taught you how to begin your process to become an elite athlete from the comfort of your home. Today, we take things a step further.
You the fans have helped whittle us down from 32 plays to the final two as we look to crown Ohio State’s best play of the decade. Make sure to cast your vote now!
The Buckeyes lost a ton of key pieces this offseason, but don't think that means they aren't poised for another national title run. The Vegas oddsmakers are high on OSU.
From around the gridiron...
While the Ohio State staff tries to keep its players up to speed virtually, it is on the players themselves to keep active and engaged. The veteran leaders on the team must play a big role in maintaining the focus during uncertain times.
Do you miss watching Chase Young dominate on Saturdays? Me too. Take a look back at some of the defining moments of his Ohio State career that led to his likely top-three NFL Draft selection.
Ohio State’s director of player personnel Mark Pantoni explains how the Buckeyes are still dominating on the recruiting trail despite the current limitations.
For some programs, cancelling the college football season would doom their entire athletic program financially. The powers that be will explore every option they can before they would be forced to cancel.
- This one speaks for itself...
Stat of the Day#CFB#NFLDraft— NCAAF Nation (@NCAAFNation247) April 6, 2020
• Alabama & Ohio State both have more 1st round picks the last 5 seasons than the entire #Big12 combined.#RollTide 13#Buckeyes 12#Big12 10
From around the hardwood...
In a surprising piece of news this weekend, Buckeye guard Luther Muhammad is transferring from Ohio State. He joins D.J. Carton in the portal as Chris Holtmann must now search for reinforcements.
Holtmann was able to get one guard spot filled right away, albeit one that likely will not be eligible for next season, with the addition of Jimmy Sotos from Bucknell.
- Here is Sotos’ own Tweet regarding his decision to join the Bucks:
#GoBucks pic.twitter.com/4nByyw1ukO— Jimmy Sotos (@SotosShow4) April 6, 2020
- Ohio State currently has a pair of commits in the 2020 class, with one being New York power forward Zed Key. The prospect dropped a new highlight reel on Twitter yesterday.
33 dunks in 60 seconds @LuHiBasketball @OhioStateHoops @NYJayhawks @OSU_Hoops @OSUHoopsInsider @Buckeye_Nation @SportsRushN12 @WhosNextHS @BuckeyeNutHouse @thekidet @BarstoolOSU @Landgrant33 @SteveHelwagen @alexgleitman @AdamJardy #luhi #Buckeyes #OhioState #BuckeyeNation pic.twitter.com/QGNcOzHRzI— Zed Key (@iamzedkey) April 6, 2020
- The Buckeyes continue to fill out their non-conference schedule for the 2020-21 season, most recently adding Oakland to their list of opponents. That game appears to be slated for Ohio State’s opener, according to Jon Rothstein.
Source: Ohio State will open the 20-21 college basketball season in Columbus against Oakland.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) April 6, 2020
From everywhere else...
- The Ohio State Marching Brand found a fun way to keep fans engaged while maintaining social distancing norms, performing a virtual edition of Buckeye Battle Cry.
Even when social distancing, we're showcasing our Ohio State pride. Enjoy some Buckeye Battle Cry! #InThisTogetherOhio #GoBucks pic.twitter.com/u8zSbA1uK8— The Ohio State University Marching Band (@TBDBITL) April 5, 2020
- Chris Spielman has been selling his football memorabilia to raise money for COVID-19 relief, but his account was banned on eBay after they claimed he was “not promoting a positive buying and selling environment.” On Monday, they changed their minds.
Just got off phone with @eBay. They apologized and are correcting their mistake and will waive all their fees for my Covid19 relief auction. Look for items backup for auction tomorrow. I appreciate them righting their wrong. #2ndchances— Chris Spielman (@chris_spielman) April 6, 2020
- In other Big Ten basketball news, Ohio State was not the only team that saw a surprising edition to the transfer portal these past few days, as Purdue forward Matt Haarms announced he will be leaving the Boilermakers.
Purdue's Matt Haarms will transfer, per release.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) April 6, 2020
- If you have to be cooped up in the house with people other than your family, they might as well be a bunch of Ohio State legends/traditions, right? Which of our quarantine houses are you staying in? My money’s on House No. 6.
Who you got, #BuckeyeNation? pic.twitter.com/RgkGC3vdQg— Land-Grant Holy Land (@Landgrant33) April 6, 2020